Curt, Dennis and the entire office staff would like to recognize and congratulate Brian on achieving his recent milestone of the $3 Million Dollars Earned Award!
We asked Brian to share some thoughts on his career at M.E. and what it has meant to him. BB, as he is affectionately known, shared these thoughts.
The early days: The first year of BB’s career he was still farming.
- BB and his father farmed 640 acres, raised 1,000 head of hogs and 100 head of cattle.
- His day began at 4 a.m. by doing chores followed by a full day of selling. At the end of his sales day he was still not done. He was back in the field until 11 p.m.
Leadership: Soon after BB’s ME career was up and running, he was promoted to the Home Office as a Manager.
- People have to trust you when you are in a leadership role. They have to understand you have their best interest in mind. When they realize that, then you have their trust, and that is when their career takes off.
- Don’t tell them what to do, instead give guidance and suggestions.
- Treat people the way you want to be treated.
- Brian retired from Management just over a year ago, however, he still maintains his file box and that dedication is how he reached his latest achievement!
What the M.E. opportunity has meant to Brian:
- If it is to be, it’s up to me. No one else is going to do it, you have to do it for yourself.
- All of the new friends.
- The ability to go and do things I otherwise wouldn’t have.
- The support from each department at the office is far above anywhere else I’ve seen.
- Spending time with his family. Brian and Donna have 5 grandchildren. Ages 17, 16, 13, 12 & 12.
- Playing the accordion. BB has a band and they have made several CD’s and play several times a month around the Fargo Moorhead area.
Brian thanks for the great example you have set for the rest of the company! Thanks for impacting the lives of the people in M.E. We look forward to many more years together as you continue to service your very loyal customer base!