Will you be there?! Plan on attending this fabulous Awards Trip to Las Vegas! What better place for a Premium Quality Lighting company to spend their awards trip than in the City of Lights!
There is so much to do there, over the next several months we will be highlighting all the fun facts of the city and things to do in the Vegas area!
We will see you in the City of Lights!
Things to see and do:
Red Rock Canyon
Las Vegas has inspired plenty of myths, legends and lore. Here, though, are a few surprising and actual facts.
1. When Paul Anka first played Vegas he was too young to be allowed in the casino.
2. Bugsy Siegel named his casino the Flamingo after the long legs of his showgirl girlfriend.
3. In Nevada it is mandatory that video slot machines pay a minimum of 75 percent on average.
4.Vegas Vic, the enormous neon cowboy that towers over Fremont Street, is the world’s largest mechanical neon sign.
5.Howard Hughes stayed at the Desert Inn for so long that he was asked to leave. He bought the hotel.
6. Camels were used as pack animals in Nevada as late as 1870.
7. More than 41 million people visit Las Vegas each year.
8. Seventeen of the 20 biggest hotels in the U.S. are in Las Vegas.
9. Las Vegas is rated one of the Top 10 locations in the country for great food!
10. The famous Las Vegas Strip is not located within the city limits of Las Vegas. The strip actually comes under the jurisdiction of Clark County.
11. Over 22,000 conventions are held in Las Vegas every year.
•12. Annual rainfall in Las Vegas totals slightly more than four inches.